Dog Bite Lawyer Yakima, WA
As cute and fluffy as dogs may be, they are still animals and can act viciously on occasion.
If you are a victim of a dog bite, you may be able to receive financial compensation. While this may seem like a job for a personal injury lawyer, you will actually need one of our Yakima, WA dog bite lawyers.
Call now to start your FREE case review:
Why You Need
a Dog Bite Lawyer in Yakima
Yakima is a city in Washington State located in the Yakima Valley. The area is famous for its apple orchards and wineries. Some favorite locations include Johnson’s Orchards, Toppenish Murals, the Teapot Dome Gas Station, and the Yakima Area Arboretum.
With relatively mild winters that rarely fall below 10°F and hot, dry summers, many people enjoy the outdoors with their Yakima dogs. With dogs out on walks, individuals may, unfortunately, experience a dog bite.
A dog bite lawyer in Yakima is essential because being bitten by a dog is a traumatizing and painful experience. If you’re wondering, “should you sue after a dog bite,” consider the Washington state dog bite laws and your options.
Dog Bite Laws in Washington State
- Owners can be held strictly liable for a dog bite injury if the affected individual is in a public area or a private area with permission.
- If the injured person provoked or aggravated the dog, they are not allowed any compensation.
Seek Compensation for Your Injuries
- Lost income or wages
- Emotional distress and discomfort
- Physical suffering and pain
- Medical bills
- Damage to personal property such as broken glasses
Liability Issues in Dog Bite Cases
What Should You Do After a Dog Bite?
- Wash the bite wound with soap and rinse off with warm water for about ten minutes.
- Slow down the bleeding by applying pressure with a clean cloth.
- After the bleeding has stopped, cover the wound with a bandage.
- Keep an eye out for any signs of infection like pus and redness.
- Go to a doctor if you suspect you are infected.
- Change the dressing frequently once the doctor has checked the wound.
How Skyview Law Can Help You
A personal injury lawyer in Yakima can help you understand complex legal documents, provide support during court proceedings, and give you peace of mind in difficult times. Following the law is crucial for ending a family court case in your favor, and Skyview Law ensures you know what to do and when during your court experience.
About Skyview Law
Jarrod Hays is the founder of Skyview Law. He graduated from Northwestern School of Law in 2008 and opened his practice shortly after that. Since then, Mr. Hays has served the Badger community across a range of practice areas. He is a seasoned personal injury and real estate attorney, and he also has ample experience in family law.
Mr. Hays is a member of the American Institute of Legal Counsel, as well as several legal groups. He was rated as one of the 10 best attorneys under 40 for client satisfaction in Washington state.