Dental Malpractice Lawyers in Yakima, WA
Call now to start your FREE case review:
Why You Need a Dental Malpractice Lawyer in Yakima
Yakima, WA is a rural town located just by the Yakima River. It’s home to fertile land, wineries, and many acres of apple orchards.
Everyone needs quality dental care regardless of where or how they live, and those living in Yakima are no exception.
Even in rural areas such as Yakima, there are plenty of dental specialists that you can trust. But unfortunately, some dentists are not as reliable as they should be.
If you ever feel that your dentist is neglecting your needs, you are entitled to compensation. Your health should be your top priority. Our team of dental injury lawyers can help ensure that you see justice if you’ve been a victim of malpractice.
Elements of Dental Malpractice Claims
Before you file a dental malpractice claim, you will need to make sure that your situation contains four key elements. If it does not, you may not receive the compensation you’re looking for.
Here are the four key elements of a dental malpractice claim:
- You have an established relationship with the dentist who committed malpractice.
- You understand the medical standard of care.
- You believe your dentist has either caused an injury or exacerbated one through their actions or inactions, regardless of intent.
- You have documented the severity of your injury.
Examples of Dental Malpractice
Dental malpractice covers a wide range of incidents. It can include willful harm or careless slip-ups. Regardless of intentions, you can seek justice if you’ve experienced harm at the hands of your dentist.
Here are a few signs of dental malpractice to look out for. Of course, there are some instances of malpractice that you might not find on this list; these are just a few common examples.
- Failure to diagnose serious conditions such as cancer or periodontitis
- Performing incorrect or unnecessary procedures
- Providing incorrect prescriptions
- Failure to acknowledge a patient’s medical history or health
- Improper administration of anesthesia
- Complications as a result of procedures
- Physical or sexual abuse while a patient is under anesthesia
- Injury to a patient’s jaw, tongue, or mouth
- Temporomandibular Joint Disorder (TMJ)
- Extracting the wrong tooth, even by mistake
When Can You Sue for Dental Malpractice?
Do you believe your injury or illness is a result of your dentist’s actions or inactions? In addition, do you believe your dentist’s actions are inconsistent with what another dentist would have done in the same situation? If so, it is in your best interest to seek out dental injury lawyers.
As long as you can meet the four necessary elements, your case will have solid grounding.
Whether they failed to diagnose your condition or committed dental implant malpractice, you deserve compensation.
Compensation Rights and Dentist Liability
Remember, a dentist’s job is to ensure that you receive the best dental care possible. If they are failing to do that, it is entirely within your right to seek out legal action. This isn’t just for your sake, but for the sake of other people who may experience malpractice from them as well.
Don’t wait to seek help. Your case will have the best results if you act as soon as possible. If you believe you’ve experienced malpractice, reach out to our personal injury lawyers in Seattle as soon as possible!
How Skyview Law Can Help You
About Skyview Law
Jarrod Hays is the founder of Skyview Law. He graduated from Northwestern School of Law in 2008 and opened his practice shortly after that. Since then, Mr. Hays has served the Badger community across a range of practice areas. He is a seasoned personal injury and real estate attorney, and he also has ample experience in family law.
Mr. Hays is a member of the American Institute of Legal Counsel, as well as several legal groups. He was rated as one of the 10 best attorneys under 40 for client satisfaction in Washington state.